- Our aggreation of all Shopmaker shops www.clipspool.com got a complete redesign. Go check it out!
- We added a new flags view. From there you can change flags of collections, e.g. if the preview is blurred quite quickly.
- You may now blur single collections so customers have to purchase to support you. Just select “Blur this collections’ preview” when adding or editing a collection.
- You may now render links to previews in popups. As always you can change this behaviour in the settings of your shop.
- We added more choices if your shop will show a preview video of your collections. You may now also select two or three months.
- You may now enable payment plans again, that you disabled earlier. Before that you needed yo re-create them.
- You may now decide if you show the names of payment plans to your customers. Otherwise the name is for your internal use only.
- If you show a “Coming next”-area, we’ll also show a blurred preview video now. You may enable this area in the settings of your shop.
- We now send you an email notification once a payment is on the way to you.
- We’ve been busy revamping the merchant interface in the last couple of weeks. But now it’s complete and better, faster and more intuitive than before.
- We now have the possibility to play teasers when hovering with the mouse. Since this means preloading a lot of movies it’s only enabled on desktop browsers (and not on mobile devices). Take a look at Amateur Bondage to get the idea. You’ll also notice the teasers are collages of one second snippets.
- The video player has been pimped. We now remember the last resolution (1080p, 720p, etc…) and the volume level the client selected.
- Contact form spamming is a big deal these days. We implemented guards to detect and block spammers.
- We downsized all teaser videos, so the clients have the possibility to view smaller teasers. Previously all teasers were only available in the format the merchant uploaded, e.g. when a 4k video has been uploaded previously only a 4k teaser video was available. Now we create 4k, 1080p, 720p and 480p videos.
- Vouchers have been deployed to all shops. Now you can accept payments via cash or any form from a client. After receiving the money create a voucher code for this client so he can ‘buy’ this payment plan without paying for it (again). We’ll bill you our part of the revenue share plus VAT.
- The country of the client is now added to all purchase notifications.
You can chose how many teaser videos you offer to your non-members. Select between “None”, “All”, and “From the last four weeks”.
Selecting “From the last four weeks” has the advantage that you always offer some fresh new content but not giving away too much content for free. Teaser videos from collections created more than four weeks ago will be hidden.
Find the option in your shops’ preferences.
UPDATE: It is now possible to select “From the last two weeks”, too.
As recently announced, we are gradually converting all videos into the default format of the Internet “mp4”. Because of that, we have the opportunity to offer our customers the videos in different qualities. High quality with correspondingly large files for customers with a broad Internet connectivity, and lower quality with smaller files for narrow download links, such wireless on a tablet.
In order to make the most use of mp4, we will again introduce a new video player, which at the same time offers a variety of new features, including:
- You can select the videos quality:
- If you let the mouse hover over the timeline, “thumbnails” are displayed showing a preview of the corresponding scene:
- It is possible to jump to sections of the film, which have not yet been loaded, to continue viewing from there.
- The player remembers the volume settings, even if you leave the page.
- In addition to the possibility to share the video on Twitter and Facebook, you can now also send a link to it via email.
You have to do absolutely nothing to benefit from these new features. Just continue to upload your videos as usual with the maximum quality you want to have. We automatically take over in the background and convert it into the lower qualities.
You can now chose which of your videos should be the preview video by selecting the appropriate radio button:This is a feature request of Eurobabecumshots.
UPDATE: To clarify some things: You’ll see this radio button only if a collection contains more than one video since it only makes sense when you have a choice. Before this change the first video of a collection was always the preview video.