- You can now select a time when your updates should be published. You can even select a default publishing time of new updates. Before this your updates would always be published at midnight.
- You can now chose whether the preview images should be recreated after adding or removing media from a collection.
- Preview images you upload on your own are now preferred when creating the preview images for a collection.
A feature many of you have requested has now been implemented: You can now upload images to your pages and announcements, so it’s no longer necessary to host them somewhere else.
The “HTML File Uploader” has finished beta testing and is now officially available for business. Many merchants have participated in the testing phase and a couple of thousand files have already been uploaded directly from the browser.
The new method is a superior alternative to the well-known upload via FTP and includes the following features:
- Direct integration into the Merchant Interface
- Multiple simultaneous uploads possible
- Progress bar available
- No more FTP client needed
- Detection of incomplete uploads
In particular the last point can avoid many issues. FTP is a very old protocol and there is no way to tell if a file has been uploaded completely or if the connection was broken. Now, using the “HTML File Uploader” we can easily distinguish incomplete transfers from the rest.
You can find the “HTML File Uploader” in the Merchant Interface at “Media / Upload media”:
Of course, for the time being, you can continue using your FTP client.