- We’ve been busy revamping the merchant interface in the last couple of weeks. But now it’s complete and better, faster and more intuitive than before.
- We now have the possibility to play teasers when hovering with the mouse. Since this means preloading a lot of movies it’s only enabled on desktop browsers (and not on mobile devices). Take a look at Amateur Bondage to get the idea. You’ll also notice the teasers are collages of one second snippets.
- The video player has been pimped. We now remember the last resolution (1080p, 720p, etc…) and the volume level the client selected.
- Contact form spamming is a big deal these days. We implemented guards to detect and block spammers.
- We downsized all teaser videos, so the clients have the possibility to view smaller teasers. Previously all teasers were only available in the format the merchant uploaded, e.g. when a 4k video has been uploaded previously only a 4k teaser video was available. Now we create 4k, 1080p, 720p and 480p videos.
- Vouchers have been deployed to all shops. Now you can accept payments via cash or any form from a client. After receiving the money create a voucher code for this client so he can ‘buy’ this payment plan without paying for it (again). We’ll bill you our part of the revenue share plus VAT.
- The country of the client is now added to all purchase notifications.
As recently announced, we are gradually converting all videos into the default format of the Internet “mp4”. Because of that, we have the opportunity to offer our customers the videos in different qualities. High quality with correspondingly large files for customers with a broad Internet connectivity, and lower quality with smaller files for narrow download links, such wireless on a tablet.
In order to make the most use of mp4, we will again introduce a new video player, which at the same time offers a variety of new features, including:
- You can select the videos quality:
- If you let the mouse hover over the timeline, “thumbnails” are displayed showing a preview of the corresponding scene:
- It is possible to jump to sections of the film, which have not yet been loaded, to continue viewing from there.
- The player remembers the volume settings, even if you leave the page.
- In addition to the possibility to share the video on Twitter and Facebook, you can now also send a link to it via email.
You have to do absolutely nothing to benefit from these new features. Just continue to upload your videos as usual with the maximum quality you want to have. We automatically take over in the background and convert it into the lower qualities.
From now on newly created videos are offered in different resolutions: Your videos are downscaled automatically when you upload high resolution at no additional costs so your customers can chose the resolution that fits best for them.