- We’ve been busy revamping the merchant interface in the last couple of weeks. But now it’s complete and better, faster and more intuitive than before.
- We now have the possibility to play teasers when hovering with the mouse. Since this means preloading a lot of movies it’s only enabled on desktop browsers (and not on mobile devices). Take a look at Amateur Bondage to get the idea. You’ll also notice the teasers are collages of one second snippets.
- The video player has been pimped. We now remember the last resolution (1080p, 720p, etc…) and the volume level the client selected.
- Contact form spamming is a big deal these days. We implemented guards to detect and block spammers.
- We downsized all teaser videos, so the clients have the possibility to view smaller teasers. Previously all teasers were only available in the format the merchant uploaded, e.g. when a 4k video has been uploaded previously only a 4k teaser video was available. Now we create 4k, 1080p, 720p and 480p videos.
- Vouchers have been deployed to all shops. Now you can accept payments via cash or any form from a client. After receiving the money create a voucher code for this client so he can ‘buy’ this payment plan without paying for it (again). We’ll bill you our part of the revenue share plus VAT.
- The country of the client is now added to all purchase notifications.
Get to know our newest feature, which just became available for all shopmaker.com shops: “Download Tokens”: Within your shopmaker.com merchant interface you can create single-use download links for any collection (a collection is a container that can contain one or more videos or imagesets).
A “Download Token” is a unique link to a specific collection that expires 24 hours after it has been accessed for the first time. Initially the idea was suggested by www.extrem-sm.com.The merchant wants to give his models access to the movie they starred in. “Download Tokens” do exactly that. The merchant now sends the link with the token to the model and the model is able to access the respective collection without having to create an account at the shop. After the model clicked the link for the first time it is valid for another 24 hours and expires afterwards (in order to minimize the possibility of abuse).
Of course, the real potential of “Download Tokens” lies in advertising and promotion. You now can create unique, single-use links to any collection of your shop. This link can be used in mailings or printed on fliers to be handed out on trade shows. The 24 hours only start ticking after the link handed out has been clicked for the first time.
Take a look at “Download Tokens” and tell us what you think. You will find them next to each collection.